Today we start a monthlong experience of Grace.
For the month of November you will find a daily devotional available at both The Temple Blog and the Olive Grove Church Website. Reminders and links will be posted daily on Facebook, Twitter, Google+.
Here is the challenge:
- Give Thanks every day. Be deliberate and specific. Grace demands gratitude and our daily challenge will be to frame our thinking, attitude, heart, and outlook on grace that results in thanksgiving. Every day you will be encouraged to have gratitude be the dominant expression of our inner and outer person.
- Verbally express your thanksgiving every day, multiple times per day. Express verbally (outloud) in prayer. Give thanks to God for every perfect and good gift that he has given to you. Express verbally to someone else what you are thankful for.
- Record your experiences daily. Get a notebook dedicated to keeping your record of gratitude (we will have notebooks available at church on Sunday – or you can simply get one yourself). If you are faithful in this task you will have an amazing record of blessing and grace from God that will serve as a memorial and reminder.
- Refrain from posting negative posts on Facebook, rather taking a positive posture. So no whining or complaining.
- Come regularly to worship and express publicly what you have collected in your pool of praise and thanks for the week.
The premise to the challenge is this very simple principle: Gratitude will change your life because it connects you directly to the power of Grace. The promise is included in the challenge: Discipline yourself to 30 days of immersion into gratitude and you will be a different person at the end.
I Will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders. I will be glad and exult in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High (Psalm 9:1-2).