1 John 2:28-3:10a
Observation Questions, “What does the passage say?” Days 1 & 2
- What does Paul tell the little children in v. 28?
- What are we told about “Him” in vs. 28-29?
- What are we told about those who practice righteousness (2:29; 3:7, 10)? and those who practice sin (3:4; 8, 9)?
- Notice the phrase “He appears” in both 2:28 and 3:2 and “He appeared” in verses 3:5 & 8? What are we told happens when He appears?
- What does the Father bestow on us in verse 1?
- Make some observations on your own, remember the more you look the more you find.
Interpretation: “What does this passage mean?” Days 3 & 4
- What does it mean it abide in Christ? See John 15.
- Is Christ’s appearing the same as the “second coming”? Is the appearing connected to the “last hour” in verse 18?
- Define “practices righteousness.”
- Define “practices sin.” What does it mean that “no one who is born of God practices sin”?
- Explain 3:3.
- In what ways will we “be like Him” (3:2)?
Application: “What does the passage mean to me?” Days 5 & 6
- What are you going to do to ensure that you are abiding in Christ?
- What areas of your life need to be made more like Him?
- What is your practice of righteousness?
Day 7: M-Group or M-Station See You Saturday Morning at 8am!!!